Adding Content: Loading Descriptions
A Description is a vital part of your listing and when well written, it has the ability to draw people in and paint a scene in ones imagination. This article will guide you through the process of adding Descriptions to your listing and a few useful tips to keep in mind when writing and setting up your Description.
In this article
Once your product or products have been linked to your account, you will find them under 'Your Content' (at the bottom of your Dashboard - depending on the functions available on your Dashboard, you might have to scroll down to see it).
Click on the 'Product Name' of your listing (in green) or 'Edit' to update your listing and 'View on Map' to see where your product is located on the Wetu Map.
For an iBrochure, the link will also be available for you to copy. This is the link you use when distributing your iBrochure.
When you select 'Edit' an Update Form will open with a Menu on the left-hand side for you to add all of your relevant content. Under Content select, 'Description' to add your text.
You have the option to load a single description which pulls into any itinerary you're featured in as well as your iBrochure or you can have a specific one for your iBrochure view.
Describe your product
This is the description that will appear on all the Virtual, Digital and Printable Itineraries that Operators build and feature your listing.
A few tips to keep in mind when adding your Description;
- There is a 200-word limit, therefore, try keeping your description short and concise.
- This description should be written in the 3rd person. Try to avoid using words like ‘our’ or ‘we’.
- Avoid multiple spacing between paragraphs as this pushes down images when your listing is featured in an itinerary.
- Also, remember that less is more. Most people don't read lengthy descriptions.
Description for the iBrochure
Here you have more diversity to write about your product, keeping in mind that it will be accompanied by all your imagery, videos, documents and other supporting content. Take advantage of the of the editor, adding italics, bold and bullet points as needed.
The iBrochure Description has fewer restrictions which means you have the opportunity to provide a more personalised description of your product.
A few tips to keep in mind when adding your iBrochure Description;
- There is no character limit, this enables you to describe your property in full detail.
- Bold, Italics and Cross through options are available to highlight accented parts of the text you would like to emphasize.
- Bullet points and numbering makes it easier to list services that you offer at your property.
Once you are satisfied with your description click on the ‘Save’ button before proceeding to the next section.
Where the description will display on your iBrochure
Your description will display under 'About Us' when you view your iBrochure.