Why are Mobile Websites Important
Here we will discuss the benefits of having a Mobile Website.
In this article:
What is a Mobile Website?
A Mobile Website is a website that works on a phone or small device. In terms of Wetu, a Mobile Website will display you property visually and efficiently with easy access for those browsing on their phones or tablets.
Mobile sites are different to websites that display on your computer and need to be formatted to respond to the phone correctly.
Mobile sites are formatted to display specifically for a smaller device so that when your clients are navigating through your content and images, they will not take too long to upload, they will not run off the page and they will not come up with error links because they are not compatible.
Below is an example of how a Mobile Website is formatted to search on a phone.
Reasons for having a Mobile Website
- Explosive growth
- In 2012 Google reported that 19% of hotel queries came from mobiles.
- By 2015 that 19% mentioned above will be closer to 60% with mobile search predicted to overtake desktop search [Morgan Stanley].
- Across all industries, mobile traffic is increasing by 3.5 percent per month (Televox).
- Global smartphone use will reach 2 billion by 2015 (Bloomberg).
- First impressions
- Like the real world, first impressions count, how does your website look and operate on a smartphone?
- More and more search is being done on mobile. If you have a smartphone checking travel options is possible on the way home on a train after work, during a lunch break or any common downtime. Don't let potential clients see a site that is broken or incompatible and leave your site without returning.
- Rich interactive content
- On mobile, people want a rich visual experience. 50% more visual media (images, videos, etc) are consumed on mobile when compared to non-mobile search. If your website is not optimised for mobile, they are not going to get the experience they are looking for.
- Bounce Rate
- People who search on mobile expect a mobile compatible website. The biggest reason mobile users give for leaving a website is that it is not a mobile friendly environment (more than 60% say they just move on).
Social media integration
With the continued relevance of social media, mobile becomes more important.
Links from social media to your site are often browsed through a mobile phone or tablet.
In 2012 Facebook reported that around 60% of its billion users log in from smartphones and tablets. You don’t want all those browsers “bouncing” away from your standard website because it has not been updated or potential clients find it hard to navigate and leave your site.
Statistics collected from Google
- 67% are more likely to buy on mobile-optimized sites versus ones not optimized.
- 61% of users said that if they didn’t find what they were looking for right away on a mobile site they’d quickly move on to another site.
- 52% of users said that a bad mobile experience made them less likely to engage with a company.
- 48% said that if a site didn’t work well on their smartphones, it made them feel like the company didn’t care about their business.
How to get a Wetu Mobile Website
To learn more about how to create your simple Wetu Mobile Website head over to our How to Activate a Mobile Website Wetu HelpDoc..