Here we will teach you how to create custom Themes that can fit the branding and/or the look and feel of the itinerary you are showing to your client.
In this article:
What are Themes
Themes are used to customise the look and feel of your Itinerary. Themes will display pictures and options chosen by you, so you can easily customise how each itinerary displays to your client.
Themes are created in the Admin section of the Dashboard (click here to learn more about Admin) and then applied in your Itinerary Builder for each itinerary you build (click here to learn more about your Itinerary Builder). You can make different themes for different itineraries - Examples: Safari Theme, Beach Theme, Romantic Theme, etc..
Note: If you do not use a Theme then the Landing Page will be an automatic slide show that displays either the first image of each property included in the itinerary or the Destintions.
Here is an example of the Landing Page for your Digital Itinerary.
Step 1: Admin
Start by visiting your Wetu Dashboard and clicking on the Admin icon.
Step 2: Create Themes
At the top of the page, all the way to the right, you can select the Themes Tab. In the Tab click on the + Create Theme icon next to the Template you want to create a Theme for. Depending on which Templates are enabled on your account, will influence which Template you can create a Theme for.
Step 3: Theme details
A new Theme window will appear with fields to fill in your Theme Details. Create a defining name for your Theme as you will be selecting it from a drop-down menu in the future with only the name for you to recognise.
If you'd like to learn how to insert the best Banner and Cover images head to our Banner and Landing Page doc by clicking here.
Understanding your choices from each of the drop-down menus:
- Slide Show - tick this box to play a slideshow of the Property or Destination Images.
- Slide Show Images - choose if you want Property or Destination Images to display on your Digital Itinerary.
- Itinerary Details Overlay - this is where the text box will appear on your Digital Itinerary Landing Page.
- Show Country with Destinations -will show Country description and images with Destination description and images, under Destination tab.
- Hide Travel Information - travel information, by default displays under the Information tab on your Digital Itinerary. If you do not want this to display, then tick this box.
Contact Details / Enquiries
- Enquire / Book Now Button - show Enquire button, Book Now button or hide the button on the top right corner of the Digital Itinerary.
- Contact Details Location - choose if you would like the Contact Details on the Banner or under About Us.
- Contact Details Shown - Choose whose Contact Details you would like to be represented in the Digital Itinerary. The Smart option from the drop down menu will automatically choose the Consultant details for Personal Itineraries, the Company Details for Sample Itineraries and Company if you rebrand for an agent. The Company option displays the company's information and the Consultant option displays the consultant's information.
- Logo Size - Choose the size of the logo that displays on the top left corner of the Digital Itinerary
- Hide Share Options - hides social media share options that appear in banner image
- Template - selecting the Template that these changes will be applied to
Classic Template Settings
Find out more about Template Customisation options here
Step 4: Adding photos
Click on the Change button under Banner Image to change the top image on the Digital Itinerary. If you do not add photos to the theme it will default to the content provided by the Wetu system.
A window will pop up for you to select your relevant photo. You'll want to choose or crop a photo that is a ratio of 6:1 with a high resolution, so the image fits in ideally. If you choose a larger photo then the Wetu system will automatically crop it for you.
Click on the Change icon under Cover Image to change the Landing Page image that your client will see when they first look at the Digital Itinerary.
Important Additional Information: To learn more about choosing the ideal images and adding additional branding for your Banner and Landing Page, click here.
The Cover Image will appear first when you open the Digital Itinerary (ie the Landing/Home page). You'll want to choose a photo with a high quality resolution for your Cover Image. If you have chosen a slideshow earlier in your Theme options, this cover image will display first, followed by the rest of the slide show.
The Print Cover Image only applies to your Printable Itinerary. The image that you upload here will be used as the first page of the itinerary.
Step 5: Update Theme
Update your Theme by clicking on the Update icon and then return to the Operator page to find all of your current Themes.
How to use Themes
After you have already created a Theme, you can select them in Itinerary Builder.
Step 1: Access your Virtual Itinerary
From your Wetu Dashboard access Itinerary Builder (if you are unsure of how to do this please refer to the Itinerary Builder Doc) and either select an already built itinerary or create a new one.
Step 2: Itinerary Details
Under Itinerary Details (the first Tab) in your Itinerary Builder you'll find a Theme drop down menu. Select your preferred theme. You will see that every Theme has the name of the Template it belong to
Based on the Theme you choose, the corresponding Template will automatically be selected
Note: It will take time for the Theme to update and you will need to refresh your browser to see it in the drop down menu in the Itinerary Builder.
Step 3: Demo your Theme
In the Additional Details Tab (the last Tab), in the Itinerary Builder, click on the Preview Digital Itinerary icon and your Digital Itinerary will open in another window for you to preview.
Customising your Themes
The Wetu system gives you the option to customise Themes further with the use of CSS.
If you'd like to learn more about these options head over to our Customising your Style Sheet (CSS) doc.