Adding Content: Loading Virtual Tours.
Virtual tours help in recreating a realistic representation of your listing and sometimes present views to inaccessible areas of your listing. This article will guide you through the process of adding Virtual Tours to your listing.
This functionality is available on all iBrochures
In this article
Once your listing or listings have been linked to your account, you will find them under 'Your Content' (at the bottom of your Dashboard - you might have to scroll down to see it) as seen in the picture below.
Click on the 'Product Name' of your listing (in green) or 'Edit' to update your listing and 'View on Map' to see where your product is located on the Wetu Map.
For an iBrochure, the link will also be available for you to copy. This is the link you use when distributing your iBrochure.
When you click 'Edit' an Update Form will open with a menu on the left for you to add all of your relevant content. Under Content click on 'Virtual Tours' to add your text.
Virtual Tours (360s)
These are slightly complicated as, unlike videos, there isn't a central player for them like YouTube. The link would be generated and shared with you by the provider that shot it for you.
Supported Virtual Tour Providers
You are able to upload your Virtual Tours that have been done by the following providers:
- swf panorama
If you are looking for a new Virtual Tour we recommend using Google, as this is the easiest way to get your Virtual Tour into as many places as possible - your website, Wetu, other websites and Google Maps. We can put you in touch with an accredited Google Photographer should you require a recommendation.
Adding a Virtual Tour
To add a new Virtual Tour to your listing, select the 'Virtual Tours' option from the menu on the left-hand side.
Next, select the appropriate provider from the drop-down and click on 'Add New Virtual Tour'.
Add the Virtual Tour URL and the Description which you would want to have displayed on the iBrochure and then click on 'Save'
How and Where Virtual Tours will be Displayed on your iBrochure
Your uploaded Tours will display under 'Virtual Tours' in the 'Gallery' section once you view your iBrochure.
Selecting the correct Virtual Tour link
For a Virtual Tour to display correctly in an iBrochure, select the ‘shared link’ rather than the ‘embed link’. There are various platforms that could be used for Virtual Tours, but the ones most popular among Wetu users are YouTube and Google Maps.
How to get the ‘shared link’ for your Virtual Tour on Youtube:
- Open the Virtual Tour link on YouTube
- Select the 'Share' button and then select “Embed”
- When copying the link, select only the text highlighted below:
E.g. the text underlined is the text that should be copied: <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R0oPe8f0KPY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The shared link you paste into your Update Form should look like this: https://www.youtube.com/embed/R0oPe8f0KPY
How to get the ‘shared link’ for your Virtual Tour on Google Maps:
- Click the three dots in the black box in the top left corner, then click the “Share or embed image” option.
- A white box will appear: click the “Embed on map” tab.
- Copy the code over onto a Sticky Note or Blank Google Doc. Then select only the underlined part as per below - you don’t need the entire embed code to display the VT in your iBrochure:
The shared link you paste into your Update Form should look like this:
Cover images for Multiple Virtual Tours
Suppliers have the option to add more than one Virtual Tour to their Enhanced listing. If you choose to add multiple Virtual Tours to your listing, you can load custom images for different Virtual Tours.
- Navigate to the Virtual Tour tab of your Update Form.
- Click the ‘Add Cover Image’ tab of the specific Virtual Tour you want to add an image for.
- This will open up the folders on your PC. Find and select the image you want to use as the cover image.
- Once selected, click the ‘Save’ tab below.
- Your individual Virtual Tour will now display the cover image you selected.