Additional Details: Printable Itinerary Options - Contemporary
It is possible to download printable versions of the Virtual and Digital Itineraries you create in Wetu's Itinerary Builder. Printable Itineraries are generated in Microsoft Word format, which can be converted to PDF and e-mailed to clients.
There are two different style templates that can be applied to Printable Itineraries, Classic and Contemporary. Each style template has its own customisation options, which are designed to create a different look and feel.
In this document, we will show you how to generate a Contemporary Printable Itinerary, and explain the options available for customising its appearance. For information on using the Classic style template to generate Printable Itineraries, please refer to this article.
In this article
To generate a Printable Itinerary you will need to be in the Additional Details Step of the Itinerary Builder.
Generating a Contemporary Printable Itinerary
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Printable Itinerary, on the left under Outputs.
The Printable Itinerary Options window will appear, with your chosen style template specified in the title bar:
The Printable Itinerary Options window contains a number of options which can be used to customise the information which appears on the Printable Summary.
These customisation options are divided into four groups, namely Customisation, Images, Hyperlinks, and Content. The options available in each of these four groups is explained below:
You can customise the font colours of your Printable Itinerary. Use the colour picker, or enter Hex or RGB values:
- Customise the colour of primary headings, such as Day, Itinerary Name, Client name, Price, Includes/Excludes
- Customise the colour of secondary headings, such as Activities, Accommodations, Room/Suite
- Choose a colour for the hyperlinks (see below) that can be added to your Printable Itinerary
- Choose between A4 or Letter size. Letter size is useful if you are generating vouchers for someone from a country which uses US paper sizes, such as Canada, USA and parts of South America.
- Select a font for the headings that appear on your Printable Itinerary from the list of Windows-compatible fonts.
Body Text Font
- Select a font for the body text that appear on your Printable Itinerary from the list of Windows-compatible fonts.
- Choose between British (dd/mm/yy) or the American (mm/dd/yy) date format.
- Decide how you would like the text in your Printable Itinerary to be laid out - left-aligned or justified
- If you have uploaded a Printable Itinerary Cover Image in the Theme you have applied to your Itinerary you can choose to show or hide this Theme Cover Image. If you select show, the Theme Cover Image will display at the very beginning of your Printable Itinerary.
Operator Logo Placement & Size
- With Contemporary, the Operator logo will appear at the bottom of the page on the Printable Itinerary. Decide if you want your logo to be large or small, and if you want it in the middle, on the left or on the right. Alternatively, you can hide the Operator logo.
Destination Image and Intro
- Image with Small Intro: A Destination Image will be included with a short introductory paragraph of Destination information
- Hide Small Intro: Just the Destination image will be displayed, without any Destination Information.
Accommodation Room Images
- Just one image will display for the Accommodation Rooms you have chosen. This image can be large or small.
Link: View Web Version: Link to your Virtual or Digital Itinerary
Link: Further Information: Link to the hyperlink added to your account in the Supplier Tab.
Link: View iBrochure: Link to the Service Providers iBrochure if they have one.
Link: View Company Video: Link to your company video, if you have included this in your Company Details in Admin
You can modify the layout or order of the information provided in your Printable Itinerary in a number of different ways:
- Include any Company Information that you have included in the Company Details tab of the Admin Panel at the start of the Printable Itinerary, after the map, or before the Travel Information. Alternatively, you can hide any Company Information.
- Include any Consultant Information that you have included in the Identities tab of the Admin Panel at the start of the Printable Itinerary, after the map, or before the Travel Information. Alternatively, you can hide any Consultant Information.
- Hide Inbound/Outbound Flights: Map does not display any inbound or outbound flights, including long-haul/overnight flights, but does display all other travel
- Show All Travel: Map displays all travel, including international flights
- Last Page: Summary of all the Travel Arrangements (flights, transfer, etc) on the final page of the itinerary
- Day by Day: Travel Arrangements are shown per day, after accommodation and activities.
Destination Date Ranges
- Choose to include or exclude checkout dates for the accommodations listed in your printable itinerary
- Driving Directions can be displayed at the very end of the itinerary, before the T's & C's and Travel Information. Alternatively, you can choose to not display any driving directions (hide).
- Hide: Not displayed in the itinerary at all
- Included with Details (Appendix): All details at the end of the Itinerary
Prevent Page Breaks
Selected: Removes pages breaks; information runs over pages
Not selected: Enables page breaks in the document.
Display Terms and Conditions
Selected: The Terms and Conditions that you have included in your itinerary will appear on the last page of your Printable Itinerary
Not selected: No Terms and Conditions info will be included in the Printable Itinerary
Display Room Information
Selected: Any room information that you have included will display in the printable itinerary.
Not selected: Room information will not display in the printable itinerary
Selected: Basis information will be displayed
Not selected: Basis is hidden if this option is selected
Display Contact Details
Selected: The contact details of all Service Providers included in the itinerary will appear at the end of the Printable Itinerary, before Travel Information and Ts & Cs.
Not selected: Contact details for the Service Providers included in the itinerary will be excluded from the Printable Itinerary
Display Activity Description
Selected: Any Activities included in your itinerary will appear as images with a description of the activity.
Not selected: Only the Activity images will be included in the Printable Itinerary, without any text.
Once you have selected all the options you would like to use to customise the appearance of your Printable Itinerary, click the Download Itinerary button:
Your Printable Itinerary will download in Microsoft Word format. You can edit and make changes as you wish.
Once you click Download Itinerary, any changes you make to the customisations options in the Itinerary Builder will be remembered by the system. If you switch to another itinerary or when you log in again, your Printable Itinerary Options will appear with the options you last used. You can always return default settings that your team's Wetu Admin set in the Admin Panel by clicking Set to Default:
Problem: I'm unable to open/ access the printable itinerary.
Solution: Please refresh your browser by pressing the F5 key on your keyboard