Additional Details: How do I create Vouchers
Vouchers can be created in Wetu for any of the supplier services, like activities, transport, and accommodation, which you have included in your itinerary. Vouchers provide the supplier's contact information,as well as any reference numbers or other specific details relevant to the service.
In this document, we will show you how to create vouchers, and explain the options available for customising the appearance of your vouchers. Then we will suggest some different ways of sending the vouchers to you client.
In this article
To create vouchers you will need to be in the Additional Details Step of the Itinerary Builder.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and on the left-hand side, select Print Vouchers.
A Printable Vouchers Options window will appear in which you can select which services you would like to create vouchers for, as well as indicate what language you would like the vouchers to appear in.
Basic Print Options access:
Tick the boxes next to services, transport, or accommodation for which you want vouchers. Activities which you have added as free-text will also appear here.
Select the language you want from the drop-down menu. The languages that appear in the menu are those which you have selected under languages in the Admin Panel under Options. For more info on managing languages in Wetu refer to this article.
Full Print Options Access:
If the account Admin has given consultants full access to change the default Print Options there will be a number of additional settings that can be used to customise the appearance of the vouchers:
- Pick the colour you would like for the borders and shading on your vouchers. You can use the colour picker, or input Hex or RGB values if you have specific brand colours.
- A default colour can be set in Admin. If you change default colour in the Itinerary Builder a reset button will appear so that you can return to the default colour if needed.
- Choose between A4 or Letter size. Letter size is useful if you are generating vouchers for someone from a country which uses US paper sizes, such as Canada, USA and parts of South America.
- Choose between British (dd/mm/yy) or the American (mm/dd/yy) date format.
- Select a font for the headings that appear on your vouchers from the list of Windows-compatible fonts.
Body Text Font
- Select a font for the body text that appear on your vouchers from the list of Windows-compatible fonts.
Choose the order in which you would like your vouchers to be arranged when they generate. You can choose:
- by type of voucher i.e. all accommodation vouchers together, then all the activity vouchers, and lastly all transport vouchers, or
- by date, i.e vouchers for all services grouped by the day they are booked for.
- Tick the box if you do want to show your company logo and contact details on the vouchers you will generate.
- Untick the box if you do not want your company logo and contact details to show on your vouchers.
Once you have selected the options you like, click Download Vouchers at the bottom of the Printable Voucher Options window.
Sending Vouchers to Clients
The vouchers will download in Microsoft Word format. They can be formatted in Word according to your requirements.
Vouchers can be printed and cut out, or sent to your client as attachments via e-mail. Alternatively, you can upload the vouchers so that they appear as downloadable document links on your Virtual or Digital Itinerary. For instructions on how to do this, refer to our article on adding documents to an itinerary.
Problem: I don't see the Vouchers button in Step 6
Solution: For the Print Vouchers button to appear on the Additional Details Step of the Itinerary Builder, your itinerary must have dates added. You will therefore also not see the Print Vouchers button if you are working with a Sample Itinerary.