Additional Details: How Does the Print Summary Work?
The Printable Summary differs from the Printable Itinerary in that it is more concise and only includes the key information from full itinerary. The Printable Summary is handy for clients to take with them on their trip as a quick reference guide. It is also useful to ground handlers, like Meet & Greets, who only require the essential information, such as the address and contact details of the hotel they are taking the client to.
In this document, we will show you how to generate a Printable Summary, and explain the options available for customising its appearance. We will also explain the difference between the Classic and the Contemporary styles which can be applied to Printable.
In this article
To generate a Print Summary you will need to be in the Additional Details Step of the Itinerary Builder.
Generating the Print Summary
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Print Summary, third button from the left.
The Printable Summary Options window will appear:
The Printable Summary Options window contains a number of options which can be used to customise the information which appears on the Print Summary
Display Day Notes
- Choose whether you would like Day Notes to display on your Printable Summary. Day Notes are added in Step 4 of the Itinerary Builder.
Display Expert Tips
- Choose whether you would like Expert Tips to display on your Printable Summary. Expert Tips are also added in Step 4 of the Itinerary Builder.
Display All Contact Details
Display Telephone Number
- Select this if you want to include the supplier's telephone number on the Printable Summary.
- Select this if you need to include the supplier's address on the Printable Summary.
Display Includes and Excludes
- Choose whether you want to display information about Includes and Excludes on the Printable Summary. Details about Includes and Excludes are specified per day in Step 4 of the Itinerary Builder:
- Choose between British (dd/mm/yy) or the American (mm/dd/yy) date format.
Once you have selected the options you prefer, click Download Summary at the bottom of the Printable Summary Options window.
The Printable Summary will download in Microsoft Word format. It can be formatted in Word according to your requirements.
The Printable Summary can be sent to your client as an attachment via e-mail. Alternatively, you can upload the Printable Summary so that it appears as downloadable document link on your Virtual or Digital Itinerary. For instructions on how to do this, refer to our article on adding documents to an itinerary.
Printable Summary Outputs
The look and feel of the Printable Summary will be different depending on whether you have selected the Classic or the Contemporary Print Family in Admin. The Print Family that you are using is indicated at the top of the Printable Summary Options window:
Classic Print Family
The Classic printable summary is the original simple, print-friendly look which contains just the essential info and no hero image or colour beyond the branding logo.
Contemporary Print Family
The Contemporary print summary includes a hero image at the beginning of the summary and uses font size and colour to make the summary quick and easy to read.
Problem: I'm unable to open/ access the Printable Summary.
Solution: Please refresh your browser by pressing the F5 key on your keyboard